The Association paritaire pour la santé et la sécurité du travail du secteur de la construction has put in place rules on dress code and PPE (Articles. 2.4.2 and 2.10). The purpose of these rules is to minimize accidents at the workplace.
- CSA certified safety boots must be worn;
- working clothes must be fitted :
- shirts must be tucked into pants;
- pants should cover the entire leg and be waist high;
- boots must be laced;
- long hair must be tied securely;
- no accessories (jewelry, key, cord, etc.) hanging that could be a danger;
- some jewelry may be banned when using specific tools;
- hearing protection is strongly recommended for certain jobs.